If you live in Switzerland you eat fasnachtschüechli during the Carnival that is in Italian “frittelle”; you can buy it in every Swiss shop and they are in many different shape. Today I want to show you how you can cook this typical sweet of Basle Carnival!
25 g butter
75 ml heavy cream
2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
zest of 1 lemon
pinch of salt
320 g flour
oil for deep frying
- Whisk together heavy cream with the eggs, vanilla sugar, lemon zest and salt;
- In the meantime, melt butter and unite this with the other ingredients and sift four;
- Knead a dough and let the dough rest on room temperature for 1 hour;
- Cut dough in 15 equal pieces and roll each more thin with rolling pin;
- Deep fry in hot oil and serve it sprinkled with icing sugar.